Spirit of North and South India (Summer 2018)
About Mumbai, India
- Vaikom Village: Gain insight into life at the village and try your hand at weaving with wild pineapple leaves or coconut husks, before sharing lunch at a local’s home.
- Mumbai: Showcasing the best of Indian cuisine, enjoy your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner in the nation’s largest city, the perfect environment to celebrate your time in India.
- Delhi: Enjoy a taste of Jalebi, the favourite sweet and learn about its production from the one of the best candy wallahs in Old Delhi.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Baradari Restaurant in the City Palace.
- Kochi: Meet Nimmy, a local cooking instructor, who will demonstrate traditional Kerala home recipes. Then feast on some of the delicious treats you've seen being made during your Highlight Lunch.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Agra: The Trident is the perfect base to experience this city steeped in history. The hotel features tastefully appointed rooms which overlook the central courtyard and gardens and offers a superb range of facilities.
- Ranthambore: Situated on the foothills of the spectacular Aravalli Range and walking distance from the famous Ranthambore National Park, the Nahargarh Ranthambhore boasts a sprawling Mughal-style garden and three outdoor swimming pools.
- Jaipur: Located close to the famous Amber Fort, the Trident offers stunning views of the Mansagar lake and Jal Mahal. The rooms are tastefully appointed and offer all the modern amenities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Kumarakom: Rise early for a fascinating bird watching experience at the Bird Sanctuary.
- Vaikom Village: Guided by boat, explore the narrow canals of one of the oldest townships in Kerela and with many spots untouched by modernity.
- Alleppey: Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey on a deluxe houseboat, journeying through waterways and past traditional villages.
- Mumbai: Cruise to Elephanta Island, the glorious abode of Lord Shiva and visit the complex of ancient cave temples.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets.
- Agra: Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and delights in the smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Kochi: Attend a performance of traditional Kathakali dance.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.